All materials on all Library of Virginia Web sites are copyright protected by the Library of Virginia, including but not limited to all design, HTML code, text, and images, unless otherwise expressly stated. All rights reserved.
No Known Copyright Restrictions
The Library of Virginia is participating in The Commons on Flickr to further the Library’s educational mission and increase public access to its collection of photographs.
The Library’s images that are part of The Commons are marked “no known copyright restrictions,” indicating that the Library is unaware of any current copyright restrictions on the works so designated, either because the term of copyright may have expired without being renewed or because no evidence has been found that copyright restrictions apply. The user of the images must understand that the Library of Virginia cannot guarantee that private or commercial use of the images shared on The Commons will not violate the rights of unidentified copyright holders, and the Library cannot be responsible for any liability resulting from the use of these images.
Although those who maintain the Library of Virginia Web site at www.lva.virginia.gov attempt to provide information that is complete, timely, accurate, and relevant to the Library's mission, they cannot provide guarantees. If you see something in a Library of Virginia Web site document that should be corrected or updated, please e-mail to the address on the document (or to firstname.lastname@example.org if the document is unsigned).
Hypertext links to other Web sites are for the convenience of users of the Library of Virginia's Web site and do not constitute any endorsement by the Library of Virginia. These sites were initially visited before linking with them and are periodically checked. The Library of Virginia does not control their content, and that content may frequently change. If you find a link that is inactive or you have any questions or concerns about a link, please contact the address on the page with the link or email@example.com. Please be sure to identify the inactive link and the page on which it appears.
The Library of Virginia actively encourages other sites to link to its pages, provided that any such link does not connote an endorsement by or affiliation with the Library of Virginia. Links must be text-only and accurately labeled. The link label (caption) and its context must accurately represent the content and source (the Library of Virginia) of the linked page(s).
In view of the dynamic nature of the Library of Virginia's Web site and the possibility of updates and changes to the Library of Virginia's pages, we prefer that links enter the Library of Virginia site at the home page (http://www.lva.virginia.gov).
1. Do not present Library of Virginia pages or content as your own. Do not incorporate any content from this site into your site (e.g., by in-lining or framing or in any other manner) or alter the appearance of the Library of Virginia pages.
2. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to advise us that you are linking to these pages. Also include the URL of your page that contains the link. The Library of Virginia reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link(s) at any time at its sole discretion.
3. If you want to republish in electronic or other form the major part of any textual content on Library of Virginia pages, please contact email@example.com to request a written release first; a republication fee may be charged. We require that a link to the Library of Virginia Web site be placed with any hypertext republication of major textual content from the Library of Virginia page(s).
4. In accord with existing copyright laws, excerpts from any textual content on Library of Virginia pages may be quoted freely, providing that full and proper attribution is given, including the Library of Virginia URL, which is http://www.lva.virginia.gov.
5. A link may be created to the URL for an image on the Library of Virginia Web site but the image itself may not be downloaded into another hypertext document without written permission from the Library of Virginia. This restriction preserves the integrity of the image by ensuring that image files are served directly from the Library of Virginia's servers. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. If you wish to reproduce or use an image from the Library of Virginia's Web site for publication in electronic or any other form, you must obtain written permission from the Library of Virginia in advance; a reproduction fee will usually be charged. For more information, please contact email@example.com.