Volunteer, Docent & Unpaid Internship Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in the Library of Virginia as a volunteer, docent, or intern. Strong community partnerships are valuable resources that help the Library of Virginia carry out its work. We welcome the support.
Students enrolled in a college or university program may serve here as interns for course credit, while any member of the community may serve as a docent or volunteer. We will assess all interested candidates’ education, background, and interests to determine the best fit.
Benefits of Being a Volunteer, Docent, or Intern for the Library of Virginia
- Knowledge of the Library and its vast holdings
- A 20% discount at the Virginia Shop
- Special behind-the-scenes tour of the Library
- Training and development (based on volunteer post)
- Subscription to Broadside, the Library’s quarterly magazine (upon request)
- Advance notice of Library programs and exhibitions
- Access to special social and educational events at the Library
- Free Parking (based on availability)
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at (804) 692-3586 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.