Research Assistance for State Agencies
State employees may request research assistance in person, by phone, by fax, or through the Research Request Form for State Officials and Employees.
Experienced professional staff are available to:
- Provide access to U.S. and Virginia legislation, regulations, reports, and publications either in print or on the Internet.
- Perform searches on specific topics.
- Request materials from other libraries via interlibrary loan.
- Locate state records in the Archives. The Library of Virginia is the repository of original permanent records from State Agencies. Archives staff will provide a search for one record from indexed materials. The agency must provide the specific data required to locate the requested record. Archives staff can perform only limited research. If extended research is necessary, we suggest that you visit the Library of Virginia.
- State agency staff with identification receive up to 10 free photocopies or 5 copies from microfilm and/or microfiche per request/visit.
- Additional copies will be made at the following rates:
- 25 cents per page, up to 500 photocopies
- 15 cents per page, for each additional copy above 500
Agencies will be billed for copies monthly by Interagency Transfer. Agency Budget Code must be included in the request. State Agencies should contact Archives Reference Services for further information about any other photoreproduction requests.