[search options]

Bruton Parish Church, Williamsburg Virginia
(click on image to expand)
Images:
Creator: W.A. Gore
Genre: Ink and watercolor
Date: ca. 1880s
Description: Bruton Parish Church is located in the restored area of Colonial Williamsburg. Dating from 1715, the structure shown in the drawing is the third (and present) in a series of Anglican houses of worship that began in 1660. Among the men of the Revolution who attended Bruton Parish Church were Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Richard Henry Lee, George Wythe, Patrick Henry, and George Mason.
Restoration Needs: Drawing needs to be removed from the acidic mount and deacidified.

This print was adopted for conservation by Deanna Chavez in memory of her father James W. Moyers, Jr. in 2011.


Other Adoption Candidates