A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | L | M | N | O | P | R | S | T | U | V | W-Z
Publications are available on the website or free on request from specified offices of University of Mary Washington, 1301 College Ave., Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401.
Academic Services, Office of
- Dictionary of Academic Regulations: publications.umw.edu/dictionary
Admissions, Office of
- Viewbook 2011
- Search Piece 2011
- The Maze 2011
Athletics, Health and Physical Education, Department of
Athletics Media Guides: umweagles.com
- 2011 Baseball
- 2010/2011 Men’s and Women’s Basketball
- 2011 Field Hockey
- 2011 Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse
- 2011 Men’s Soccer
- 2011 Women’s Volleyball
Belmont (Gari Melchers Home and Studio)
- Belmont Tree Tour Guide
College of Education
- College of Education Program Booklet
- College of Education Fact Sheets
Economics, Department of
- Issues in Political Economy (2011)
- Galleries Newsletter (Summer 2011)
Historic Preservation, Department of
- Historic Preservation Newsletter (Winter 2010)
- Historic Preservation Newsletter (Summer 2011)
James Farmer Scholars Program
- James Farmer Scholars Program Brochure (2011)
James Monroe Museum
- James Monroe News (Fall 2010)
- James Monroe News (Winter 2010)
- James Monroe News (Spring 2011)
- James Monroe Museum Rentals Brochure (2011)
President, Office of
- Board of Visitors: www.umw.edu/bov
Provost, Office of
- Graduate Academic Catalog 2011-12: publications.umw.edu/graduatecatalog
- Undergraduate Academic Catalog 2011-12: publications.umw.edu/undergraduatecatalog
Student Affairs, Office of
- Eagle Essentials, January 2011
- Eagle Essentials 2011-12
University Publications, Office of
- UMW Magazine: Fall/Winter 2010: magazine.umw.edu
- UMW Magazine: Spring 2011: magazine.umw.edu
- UMW Magazine: Summer 2011: magazine.umw.edu
University Relations and Communications
- The One Hundredth Commencement Booklet 2011 (Undergraduate)
- The One Hundredth Commencement Booklet 2011 (Graduate)
This university's list was last updated in November 2011.
Publications are available on the website or on request from the office listed, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22903. Free, except where price is indicated.
- Course Offerings. Registrar's Office. Available online only at www.virginia.edu/registrar
- Developments in Mental Health Law (occasional). Institute of Law, Psychiatry and Public Policy
- Financial Aid Guidelines website: www.virginia.edu/financialaid. Office of Financial Aid
- Inside UVA (semi-monthly). University News Office. www.virginia.edu/insideuva. $10 yearly subscription to off-grounds addresses
- "On My Honor"...An Introduction to the Honor System. Student Council
- Student Housing Handbook and Calendar. Housing Division
- Summer Session Catalog. Summer Session Office
- University of Virginia Final Exercises. Office of Major Events
- University of Virginia Graduate Record. University Bookstore, $7.00. Also available as a web page at www.virginia.edu/registrar
- University of Virginia Undergraduate Record. University Bookstore, $7.00. Also available as a web page at www.virginia.edu/registrar
- Visions. Office of Afro-American Affairs
Claude Moore Health Sciences Library
Publications are available on the website.
- Moore Library News (bi-monthly)
- Annual Report: www.hsl.virginia.edu/admin/plan_review/perfhigh2009-10.cfm
- 'A History of Cancer Care at the University of Virginia 1904-2011' by Henry K. Sharp, PhD and Morton C. Wilhelm, MD published by DEStech Publications, Inc., Lancaster, Pennsylvania, copyright 2011 by the Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia
College at Wise
Publications are available on the website and on request from the office listed, The University of Virginia's College at Wise, 1 College Ave., Wise, VA 24293.
- Cavalier Connection. Division of Student Affairs
- A parents’ newsletter printed twice yearly
- Financial Aid Brochure. Office of Admissions
- Prospective Student Field Guide. Office of Admissions
- Student Activities Calendar. Division of Student Affairs. Twice yearly
- Student Prospectus. Office of Admissions. Annual
- Transfer Guide for the Virginia Community College System. Office of Admissions
- UVa-Wise 360 Open House Brochure. Office of Admissions
- UVa-Wise Magazine. Office of Alumni Relations. Twice Yearly
Continuing and Professional Studies, School of
Order brochures, class schedules, and catalogs from the School of Continuing and Professional Studies, Charlottesville offices (PO Box 400764, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4764).
- Columns Newsletter, published in Fall and Spring
- SCPS Fact Sheet, published annually
Engineering and Applied Science, School of
Publications are available on the website and on request from the University of Virginia School of Engineering and Applied Science, PO Box 400246, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4249.
- Computer Engineering Program Graduate Handbook, www.cpe.virginia.edu/pdf
- Computer Engineering Program Undergraduate Handbook, www.cpe.virginia.edu/pdf
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering Brochure www.seas.virginia.edu/brochures/pdf/ece_brochure.pdf
- Electrical Engineering Program Graduate Handbook, www.virginia.edu/ece
- Electrical Engineering Program Undergraduate Handbook, www.virginia.edu/ece
Publications are available on the website and on request from the University of Virginia Health System, Public Relations, Box 800224, Charlottesville, VA 22908-0795.
- Brochure: UVA Outpatient Handbook
- Brochure: UVA Children’s Hospital: Patient and Family Handbook
- Brochure: Patient Safety: UVA Speak Up for Safety
- Brochure: Continuum Home Health Care
- Brochure: Augusta Pediatrics
- Brochure: Club Red Clinic
- Brochure: Pediatric Fitness
- Brochure: Medical Associates of Louisa
- Brochure: UVA Family Medicine | Crozet
- Brochure: Neonatal Transport
- Brochure: Orthopaedic Surgery
- Brochure: Chest Pain Center
- Brochure: Emergency Department Services
- Brochure: Nutrition Counseling
- Brochure: Friends and Family Inpatient
- Brochure: Cancer High Risk Care
- Brochure: Smoke-free Orientation
- Brochure: CarePartners
- Brochure: Bereavement Counseling
- Brochure: Middlebrook Family Practice
- Brochure: Stuarts Draft Family Practice
- Brochure: Waynesboro Primary Care
- Fact Sheet: Stroke
- Fact Sheet: Sleep Apnea
- Fact Sheet: Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Fact Sheet: Children’s: Backpack Tips
- Fact Sheet: Children’s: Child Passenger Safety
- Fact Sheet: Children’s: Halloween Safety
- Fact Sheet: Children’s: Poison Prevention
- Fact Sheet: Children’s: Winter Sports Safety
- Fact Sheet: Children’s Heat Illness Prevention
- Fact Sheet: Children’s Water Safety
- Fact Sheet: Children’s Holiday Safety
- Fact Sheet: Children’s Bike Safety
- Fact Sheet: Promoting Healthy Habits
- Fact Sheet: Children’s Nutrition
- Fact Sheet: Children’s Asthma
- Fact Sheet: Children’s Internet Safety
- Fact Sheet: Children’s Allergies
- Fact Sheet: Children’s: Constraint-Induced Therapy (CIT)
- Fact Sheet: Children’s: Sun Protection
- Fact Sheet: Children’s: Playground Safety
- Fact Sheet: Children’s: Hand Washing
- Fact Sheet: Children’s Dental Hygiene
- Fact Sheet: Get a Good Night’s Sleep
- Fact Sheet: Clinical Trials for African Americans
- Fact Sheet: Breat Cancer
- Fact Sheet: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Fact Sheet: Pain Rating Scale
- Fact Sheet: Enhanced External Counterpulsation (EECP)
- Fact Sheet: Cancer Fighters: Healthy Eating and Exercise
- Fact Sheet: Cervical Cancer
- Fact Sheet: Clinical Trials
- Fact Sheet: Colon Cancer
- Fact Sheet: Colon Cancer: For African-Americans
- Fact Sheet: Lung Cancer
- Fact Sheet: Ovarian Cancer
- Fact Sheet: Prostate Cancer
- Fact Sheet: Skin Cancer
- Fact Sheet: Smoking & Cancer
- Fact Sheet: Genetics & Cancer
- Fact Sheet: Arrhythmia
- Fact Sheet: Coronary Artery Disease
- Fact Sheet: Diabetes & Heart Disease
- Fact Sheet: Heart Attack
- Fact Sheet: Heart Failure
- Fact Sheet: Heart Valve Disease
- Fact Sheet: Vascular Disease
- Fact Sheet: Women & Heart Disease
- Newsletter: UVA Innovation, Fall 2006, Vol. 1, No. 1
- Newsletter: UVA Innovation, Spring 2007, Vol. 1, No. 2
- Newsletter: UVA NewsMakers, Fall 2008
- Newsletter: Beyond Measure, Fall 2008
- Newsletter: Beyond Measure, Summer 2008
- Newsletter: Beyond Measure, Summer 2009
- Newsletter: Beyond Measure, Spring 2009
- Newsletter: Beyond Measure, Fall 2009
- Newsletter: Beyond Measure, Winter 2009
- Newsletter: Link Weekly, Jan 2008 – Dec 2008
- Newsletter: Link Weekly, Jan 2009 – Oct 2009
Humanities and Public Policy, Virginia Foundation for the
Publications are available on the website or on request from the Virginia Foundation for the Humanities and Public Policy, 145 Ednam Dr., Charlottesville, VA 22903.
- The Virginia Foundation for the Humanities Newsletter: "VFH Views" (printed 2 times a year: Spring, Fall/Winter)
- VABook! Bookmarks & Magnets
- VABook! Postcard
- VABook! Program
- VABook! Story Fest Brochure
- VABook! Publishing Day Brochure
- VABook! Posters
- Bridging Cultures Poster at the Virginia Festival of the Book
- With Good Reason CD’s (weekly radio program) (free)
- VFH Annual Report (included in Newsletter)
- Virginia Folklife Brochure
- Residential Fellowship Program 2010-2011
- Virginia Indian Heritage Program
- EDUI Nov. 2010 Conference Postcard
- EDUI Nov. 2010 Conference Program
Publications are available on the website and on request from the UVa School of Law, 580 Massie Road, PO Box 400405, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4405.
- Class of 2014 Profile (brochure)
- Career Services (brochure)
- Environmental & Land Use Law (brochure)
- Graduate Studies in Law: Information and Application (Admissions catalog)
- Living in Charlottesville (brochure)
- International Law (brochure)
- Human Rights (brochure)
- Law and Business (brochure)
- Map Directory (brochure)
- Health Law (brochure)
- Public Service (brochure)
- Intellectual Property (brochure)
- Clinical Training (brochure)
- Race and Law (brochure)
- Immigration Law (brochure)
- University of Virginia School of Law: Information/Application (Admissions catalog)
- Many Voices (brochure)
- Virginia Journal (annual journal featuring faculty scholarship)
Office of Development and Public Affairs, Strategic Communications, Editorial and Design
electronic mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Order from Emma Edmunds, Strategic Communications/Editorial and Design, 400 Ray C. Hunt Drive, P.O.Box 400229, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4229.
- Envision, Fall 2010 and Spring 2011 (semi-annual)
- A Foundation for Future Eminence: Endowment Support of the University of Virginia 2009–10 (annual)
- The Rotunda Society Annual Report 2010–11 (annual)
- Lawn Society Directory Fall 2010 (bi-annual)
- Cornerstone Society Report 2008-10
- State of the University Factbook 2011 (annual)
- University of Virginia President’s Report 2009-10 (annual)
- New Traditions e-newsletter (quarterly)
- Momentum e-newsletter (bi-monthly)
- Website: www.campaign.virginia.edu (campaign web site)
Public Service, Weldon Cooper Center for
electronic mail to: email@example.com
Publications are available on the website and on request from the Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service, University of Virginia, PO Box 400206, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4206.
- Handbook for Virginia Mayors and Council Members, 5th Edition (July 2004), $10.00
- Local Government Officials' Guide to the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (January 2007). $5.00
- The Status of Blacks and Minorities in Virginia, 1960-1990: Population Trends and Health (December 1994). $17.50
- The Status of Blacks and Minorities in Virginia, 1960-1990: Making the Past, Envisioning the Future: Race and Education in Virginia (December 2002)
- The Status of Blacks and Minorities in Virginia, 1960-1990: Changes in Income Status (June 2003)
- Tax Rates in Virginia's Cities, Counties, and Selected Towns, 2010, $25.00 (January 2011)
- Virginia Horse Center's Economic Impact, by John Knapp and Catherine Barchers (July 2001). Free
- Zoning and Subdivision Law in Virginia: A Handbook, 2nd Edition, by Stephen P. Robin (September 1993) $12.00
Virginia News Letter. Published continuously since 1925, this News Letter addresses significant topics in Virginia, ranging from economic and social issues to politics and government. Each issue features an article by a different author. An annual index is available on request. Some past issues have focused on the Dillon's Rule, privatization, adult education, state election analyses, and local taxation. Starting in 2009, the newsletters became on-line only and are available on the web at www.coopercenter.org/publications/virginia-newsletter. Subscription for notification of new releases is available by at www.coopercenter.org/publications/vanlsubscriptions. Electronic archive issues are available at www.coopercenter.org/publications/virginia-news-letter-archives-n.
- Virginia--An Emerging Leader in the Nation's Local Food Movement, Vol. 87, No. 6, by Tanya Denckla Cobb, September 2011: www.coopercenter.org/publications/VANsltr0911
- Virginia's Horse Industry: Characteristics and Economic Contributions, Vol. 87, No. 5, by Terance J. Rephann: www.coopercenter.org/publications/VANsltr0711
- A Decade of Change in Virginia's Population, Vol. 87, No. 4, by Qian Cai: www.coopercenter.org/publications/VANsltr0611
- The Affordable Care Act Holds Great Promise for Virginia, Vol. 87, No. 3, by Jill A. Hanken: www.coopercenter.org/publications/VANsltr0518
- Chesapeake Bay Restoration: Past, Present, and Where We Are Going, Vol. 87, No. 2, by David E. Smith: www.coopercenter.org/publications/VANsltr0411
- Should Virginia Replace the Motor Vehicle Fuels Tax with a Vehicle Miles Traveled Tax?, Vol. 87, No. 1, by George E. Hoffer: www.coopercenter.org/publications/VANsltr0211
- Preserving Virginia's Farm and Forest Land and Natural Landscape, Vol. 86, No. 5, by Terance J. Rephann, Oct 2010: www.coopercenter.org/publications/VANsltr1010
- Intercity Passenger Rail in Virginia: What’s on Track for the Future? Vol. 86, No. 4, by Meredith Martin Richards, August 2010: www.coopercenter.org/publications/VaNsltr0810
- The Evolution of Virginia Public School Finance: From the Beginnings to Today’s Difficulties, Vol. 86, No. 3, by Richard G. Salmon, June 2010: www.coopercenter.org/publications/VaNsltr0610
- Periodical The Development of Virginia's History and Social Studies Standards of Learning (SOLs), 1995-2010, Vol. 86, No. 2, by Stephanie van Hover, David Hicks, and Jeremy Stoddard, April 2010: www.coopercenter.org/publications/virginia-newsletter?tid=342
- The Transportation Funding Crisis: The Road to a Solution, Vol. 86, No. 1, by Ray D. Pethtel, January 2010: www.coopercenter.org/publications/transportation-funding-crisis-road-solution
- Virginia’s State Budget—A Train Wreck About to Happen, by James J. Regimbal Jr., Vol. 85, No. 5 October 2009: www.coopercenter.org/publications/virginia%E2%80%99s-state-budget-a-train-wreck-about-happen
- Democratic Government Can Be Lost if It is Not Understood: The Case for Bolstering Civic Education in the Old Dominion, by Bob Gibson, Vol. 85, No. 4 August 2009: www.coopercenter.org/publications/democratic-government-can-be-lost-if-not-understood-case-bolstering-civic-education-old
- Crime Prevention in Virginia, by John G. Schuiteman, Vol. 85, No. 3 May 2009: www.coopercenter.org/publications/crime-prevention-virginia
- Virginia's Diverse and Growing Older Population, by Qian Cai, Vol. 85, No. 2 April 2009: www.coopercenter.org/publications/virginia%E2%80%99s-diverse-and-growing-older-population
- Gerrymandering's Long History in Virginia: Will this Decade Mark the End? by Kenneth S. Stroupe, Jr. Vol. 85, No. 1 February 2009: www.coopercenter.org/publications/gerrymanderings-long-history-virginia-will-decade-mark-end
- Property Tax Relief: Why Virginia Should Adopt a State-Funded Income-Targeted Approach, by John H. Bowman, Vol. 84, No. 6 December 2008: www.coopercenter.org/econ/publications/property-tax-relief-why-virginia-should-adopt-state-funded-income-targeted-approac
- Facing Virginia's Transportation Challenges, by Alan E. Pisarski, Vol. 84, No. 5 November 2008: www.coopercenter.org/econ/publications/facing-virginia%E2%80%99s-transportation-challenges
- The Importance of Agriculture and Forestry to Virginia’s Economy, by Terance J. Rephann, Vol. 84 No. 4 September 2008: www.coopercenter.org/econ/publications/importance-agriculture-and-forestry-virginia%E2%80%99s-economy
- The Economic Value of Publicly Supported Education and Research, by William M. Shobe, Vol. 84 No. 3 April 2008: www.coopercenter.org/econ/publications/economic-value-publicly-supported-education-and-research
- Can Public Investment in Freight Rail Deliver the Goods?, by Richard L. Beadles, Vol. 84, No. 2 March 2008: www.coopercenter.org/econ/publications/can-public-investment-freight-rail-deliver-goods
- Problems with the Proposed Homestead Constitutional Amendment, by John L. Knapp, Vol. 84 No. 1 January 2008: www.coopercenter.org/econ/publications/problems-proposed-homestead-constitutional-amendment
- Why We Are Losing the Fight Against Obesity, by Tanya Wanchek, Vol. 83 No. 2 December 2007
- Public Libraries and Virginia’s New Americas, by Edwin S. Clay III, Vol. 83 No. 1 September 2007
- Protecting our Common Wealth, by Jay Gilliam, Vol. 82 No. 4 December 2006
- Partners on the Front Line, by Constantine Dean BeLer, Vol. 82 No. 3 August 2006
- Reconciling Partisanship With Deliberative Representative Democracy, Vol. 82 No. 2 July 2006
- Election Recounts in Virginia, by Kirk T. Schroder, Vol. 82 No. 1, February 2006
- Solving Problems by Consensus: Water Planning for Virginia, by Mark Rubin, Vol. 81, No. 3 May 2005.
- The Security of Virginia’s Public Schools, by John G. Schuiteman, Vol. 81, No. 2) April 2005.
- The One-Term Governor: A Disadvantage for Virginia, by Bob Purkey. Vol. 81, No. 1) March 2005.
- An Undisciplined Way to Fund State Government Programs, by Patrick M. McSweeney, (Vol. 80, No. 7) December 2004.
- Survey of Local Officials Energizes LGOC, by Kate F. Wood and Thomas M. Guterbock, (Vol. 80, No. 6) November 2004.
- Leading the Way in Education, Equality, by Daniel M. Stuhlsatz and Paul Puryear, Vol. 80, No. 5) October 2004.
- Funding Virginia Services: a Decade of Contention, by Mich Wilkinson, (Vol. 80, No. 4) September 2004.
- Leadership and Lesson Learned: Virginia's Response to 9/11, by Hon. John H. Hager, (Vol. 80, No. 3) April 2004.
- Reorganization in the House: Republications Make Their Mark, by John T. Whelan, (Vol. 80, No. 2) February 2004.
- Virginia's Education Reform Works - II, by Mark Christie, (Vol. 80, No. 1) January 2004.
- When the Dream Became Reality, by Gov. L. Douglas Wilder (Vol. 79, No.3) August 2003.
- The 2003 General Assembly Session: Attacks on Reproductive Rights, by Ben Greenberg (Vol. 79, No. 2) July 2003.
- The Failed Transportation Tax: A Simple Message From voters? by Quentin Kidd (Vol. 79, No. 1) January 2003.
- Yes Vote on Transportation Will Best Serve Virginians, by John G. Milliken (Vol. 78, No. 6) November 2002.
- The Regional Sales Tax Referendum: A Flawed Approach, by Patrick M. McSweeney (Vol. 78, No. 5) October 2002.
- To Keep Pace With the Nation, Virginia Must Prime the Pump, by Gerald L. Baliles (Vol. 78, No. 3) May 2002.
- The Unacceptable Costs of the Diseases of Poverty, by Richard L. Guerrant, M.D. (Vol. 78, No. 3) May 2002.
- A Democratic Revival in Virginia, by Larry J. Sabato (Vol. 78, No. 2) February 2002.
- Virginia's Fiscal Condition: More Than a Short-Term Problem, by John L. Knapp (Vol. 78, No. 1) January 2002.
- Virginia's Government Structure, by Gerald L. Baliles (Vol. 77, No. 9) December 2001.
- Forecasting the 2001 Election: Follow the Virginia Bellwethers, by Larry J. Sabato (Vol. 77, No. 8) November 2001.
- Local Elected Leadership: A Sword in the Stone, by Robert E. Matson, A. Tyler St. Clair and Charles F. Church (Vol. 77, No. 7) October 2001.
- The Dilemma Virginia Faces: Public Needs vs. Public Costs, by Charles S. Robb (Vol. 77, No. 6) September 2001.
- Virginia's Education Reform Works, by Mark Christie (Vol. 77, No. 5) August 2001.
- Virginia's Policy Paralysis, by Joe S. Frank (Vol. 77, No. 4) June 2001.
- Demise of Virginia Democrats, William H. Wood (Vol. 77, No. 3) June 2001.
- Recent Developments in the Virginia Economy, by John L. Knapp (Vol. 77, No. 2) March 2001.
- Fixing Virginia's Tax Structure, by Thomas R. Morris and Robert S. Hodder, Jr. (Vol. 77, No. 1) January 2001.
- Virginia's Slow Progress on Campaign Finance Reform, by David M. Poole (Vol. 76, No. 8) December 2000.
- Science and Technology, and Our Commonwealth, by Anita K. Jones (Vol. 76, No. 7) November 2000.
- Legacy of Governor Dalton, by John H. Chichester (Vol. 76,No. 6) Aug 2000.
- Politics and Moral Leadership, by Laurin L. Henry (Vol. 76, No. 5) July 2000.
- The "New" News Media and Public Trust, by Sandra Mims Rowe (Vol. 76, No. 4) June 2000.
- Does Campaign Advertising Depress Voter Turnout? by Paul Freedman and L. Dale Lawton (Vol.76, No. 3) May 2000.
- Protecting Virginia Wetlands: Good for the Environment--and Business, by L. Preston Bryant, Jr. (Vol. 76, No. 2) April 2000.
- Forcing Drivers Off the Road Won't Solve Virginia's Traffic Woes, by Alan E. Pisarski (Vol. 76, No. 1) January/February 2000.
Vice President and Chief Information Officer
- Responsible Computing: A Handbook for Students. Online only at www.itc.virginia.edu/pubs/docs/RespComp/rchandbook.html. Updated once yearly by the IT Security and Policy Office.
- Responsible Computing: A Handbook for Faculty and Staff. Online only at www.itc.virginia.edu/pubs/docs/RespComp/resp-comp-facstf.html. Updated once yearly by the IT Security and Policy Office.
This department's list was last updated in October 2011.