[search options]


Dinwiddie County

Formation Date: 1752
Formed From: Prince George County

Image depicting location of Dinwiddie County
Dinwiddie County was named for Robert Dinwiddie, lieutenant governor of Virginia from 1751 to 1758. The county was formed from Prince George County in 1752. Its area is 501.28 square miles, and the county seat is Dinwiddie. According to the 2000 census, its population is 24,533.

Note: The bulk of court records prior to 1865 were stolen, mutilated, or destroyed by Union troops in 1865.

Original Records at The Library of Virginia: Yes