[search options]

Fluvanna County

Formation Date: 1777
Formed From: Albemarle County

Image depicting location of Fluvanna County
Fluvanna County was named after the eighteenth-century term for the upper James River. The name, meaning river of Anne, was given in honor of Queen Anne of England. The county was formed from Albemarle County in 1777. Its area is 282 square miles, and the county seat is Palmyra. According to the 2000 census, the population is 20,047.

Original Records at The Library of Virginia: Yes