The 2015 UCI Road World Championships are coming to Richmond, September 19-27. The courses will pass in front of the Library and will affect Library access. The Library’s lobby, exhibition, and the Virginia Shop will be open; the reading rooms and parking deck will be closed from September 21 through 25 and the entire Library will be closed on September 26. Please check our online calendar and http://richmond2015.com/ for more details.
CloseOpen

[search options]

King and Queen County

Formation Date: 1691
Formed From: New Kent County

Image depicting location of King and Queen County
King and Queen County was named for William III and Mary II, who were called to the English throne in 1688. It was formed from New Kent County in 1691. Its area is 327 square miles, and the county seat is King and Queen Court House. According to the 2000 census, the population is 6,630.

Note: King and Queen is one of the Commonwealth's Burned Records Counties. County court records were lost in fires in 1828 and 1865. One plat book and three mid-nineteenth century Superior Court record books survive.

Original Records at The Library of Virginia: Yes