The 2015 UCI Road World Championships are coming to Richmond, September 19-27. The courses will pass in front of the Library and will affect Library access. The Library’s lobby, exhibition, and the Virginia Shop will be open; the reading rooms and parking deck will be closed from September 21 through 25 and the entire Library will be closed on September 26. Please check our online calendar and http://richmond2015.com/ for more details.
CloseOpen

[search options]

Prince William County

Formation Date: 1730
Formed From: Stafford and King George Counties

Image depicting location of Prince William County
Prince William County was named for William Augustus, duke of Cumberland and third son of George II. It was formed from Stafford and King George counties in 1730. The area is 337 square miles, and the county seat is Manassas. The population is 280,813 according to the 2000 census. Many county court records have been lost, destroyed, or stolen at various times. Scattered years of deeds, wills, and orders, as well as various bond books and a plat book, survive.

Note: Many county court records have been lost, destroyed, or stolen at various times. Scattered years of deeds, wills, and orders, as well as various bond books and a plat book, survive.

Original Records at The Library of Virginia: Yes