The 2015 UCI Road World Championships are coming to Richmond, September 19-27. The courses will pass in front of the Library and will affect Library access. The Library’s lobby, exhibition, and the Virginia Shop will be open; the reading rooms and parking deck will be closed from September 21 through 25 and the entire Library will be closed on September 26. Please check our online calendar and http://richmond2015.com/ for more details.
CloseOpen

[search options]

Lynchburg, City of

Established: 1786
Town Incorporated: 1805
City Incorporated: 1852 Parts of Campbell and Bedford Counties were annexed in 1976

Image depicting location of Lynchburg, City of
Lynchburg, in Campbell County, was named for John Lynch, the owner of the original town site. It was established in 1786, was incorporated as a town in 1805, and became a city in 1852. Parts of Campbell and Bedford counties were annexed to the city in 1976. The population is 65,269 according to the 2000 census.

Original Records at The Library of Virginia: Yes