Images submitted from Virginia Union University Select thumbnail to view larger image.
The Belgian Friendship Building: a gift of the Belgian Government, houses the gymnasium-auditorium (named Barco-Stevens Hall in memory of two veteran teachers: Dr. John W. Barco and Professor Wesley A. Stevens), Vann Tower (named after Robert L. Vann, an alumnus and founder of the Pittsburgh Courier), and the William J. Clark Hall, former library and current theatre. The facility was an exhibit in the 1939 New York World’s Fair. It was reconstructed on the campus in 1941. The history of Virginia Union University is the history of four distinct schools whose mergers through the years have defined the "Union" in our university's name. Erected by the Class of 1938, these signs tell the story. Date: ca. 1960. Photographer: Scott L. Henderson.
The Belgian Friendship Building


facebook twitter youtube instagram linkedin